"Let These Bones Live Again"
A Christopher Worthy/Father Fortis Mystery #3
by David Carlson
Category: Fiction ~ Mystery
Pub Date: Oct 1 2018
Price: $14.95 Paperback
Type: Trade Paperback
Coffeetown Press - Visit their Website
Wholesale customers, contact Baker & Taylor, Ingram, Brodart Company, or firstname.lastname@example.org. For review copies or to schedule an interview, contact Wiley Saichek at email@example.com
Allyson Worthy and her renowned detective father, Christopher Worthy, investigate the apparent suicides of two wealthy Americans in Venice. Meanwhile, Father Nicholas Fortis looks into the recent theft of relics from Venetian churches. An unexpected breakthrough reveals a dark undercurrent in the city just as Allyson is unexpectedly put in danger.
Selling Points and Platform
- The author has a BA in political science from Wheaton College (Illinois), an M.A. from the American Baptist Seminary of the West (Biblical Theology), and a doctorate from the University of Aberdeen, Scotland (New Testament Studies).
- The author is known in media circles for making complex religious and political issues accessible to lay readers and listeners.
- The author is the founder of Shoulder to Shoulder in Interfaith Witness as well as Prayer Partners for Peace, movements that combat religious intolerance and violence through public interfaith events.
- The author writes regular columns for the Daily Journal, Franklin, IN. His op-eds are often reprinted in other papers owned by the parent company, AIM Media Indiana.
- Physical review copies to major reviewers, newspapers, and mystery bloggers.
- Outreach through social networking-Facebook, Twitter, and blogging.
- The author is in demand as a public speaker on terrorism and will also be available for talks featuring the themes of religious extremism and faith present in his mystery series.
- Author events at bookstores and libraries.
Praise for Book 1 and 2 in the Series:
Enter By the Narrow Gate:
"The novel's prose is rich with religious references and imagery [....] The rapport between Worthy and Fortis is easy and enjoyable, and the double case ensures that Enter by the Narrow Gate never slows in action." -Foreword Reviews
"The cultures of New Mexico and its Native American population are explored in depth, offering many insights into the region and its inhabitants while providing a background for this intriguing mystery.... A chilling but entertaining start." -New York Journal of Books
Let the Dead Bury the Dead:
"A readable and engaging novel. Carlson's characters are real and relatable. The quality of a mystery series lies not in how well- crafted the first book is but in how well-written the second is. In this case, the second installment matches the first in quality." - Rich Gotshall for the Daily Journal
4 Stars: "A sober and thoughtful mystery that presents a window into the Greek Orthodox denomination. The sleuth team is a troubled homicide detective and a Greek Orthodox monk. They work well together, and their friendship is crucial to the story." - Danielle the Book Huntress for Affaire de Coeur Magazine